Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Indoctrination VS. Education

Well, yes, it's been a while since I've updated my blog. Well not really, as I did update it as far as the look goes. Well actually, I didn't update the look, the new programs I used did. So that wasn't me. So in that case is this really me updating my blog now or is this a tool too ?

Things to ponder....


Anyway,
I wanted to comment on Keith's teaching last Sunday: I loved it. He spoke about indoctrination and not education (Or visa versa).

Basically, indoctrination would be if you (As students or peoples) believed what I do because I believed it & told you to believe it. Imagine if I forced all of you to become Raiders & SF Giants fans! (Ah what a more beautiful world this would be hmmmmm) Ok, so you get the point right?

It's NOT taking truth & fact and coming to a conclusion. It's being coerced or persuaded to think the way someone else thinks.

Education is taking the facts & truth, using your brain and coming to a logical conclusion that you could defend & understand. What I expect (I would say demand but that would be harsh & Mawee or Michael wouldn't like that. They like that I'm direct, but they always work on making me softer. I don't like soft. I'm not some fuzzy teddy bear or something. HA! Fuzzy bear, Fozzy Bear SIRAH!! She does this impersonation that is pretty funny). OK, so yes I would expect all of you to use your brains. Think for yourselves, take all the facts you can acquire, soak up as much truth as you can hold & come to your OWN decisions. Be educated, be smart, but most of all be decisive, not led along by the nose.

Yeah I know, I'm not sounding very soft right now am I?

C-Y'all tonight..................

"Suffering is NOT the worst thing that can happen to us. Disobedience to God is the worst thing"
(Tom White 1970)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home