Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Drowning Man..

So what do you do when you see a man drowning??

What do you do when you see a man you know drowning??

What about if it's a man you love??

What do you do when you see a man you love drowning and he refuses to grab a life ring you've tossed him or put on that life jacket sitting in front of him?

That is how I feel today.. My son is hurting and I don't know why? I have ideas and would love to talk to him about it BUT he refuses to admit anything to be true. I bet he'd deny he has brown eyes if you asked him. On top of his denying he's hurting he's in turn lashing out (Mentally) at everything else. He is quiet & withdrawn & refuses human interaction with the exception of those chosen few who are leading him right into the water.

He knows truth, hears truth & chooses to ignore it. It is amazing to me how fast someone who knows what God is about can harden their heart & turn their back. He openly admits he wants to have fun with his friends in the world and wants NOTHING to do with God. My real burning question is... What are you doing with your "friends" that you can't do as a believer who loves God. If he's indeed doing something so extreme it needs to be addressed and stopped, but alas I do not have such authority. There's the hitch..

I want to help and correct & rebuke BUT the man Jameson would listen to isn't as concerned as I am.

So here I am...

On my knees
Heavy in my heart
Focused on the grace of God.

Please pray for me...
Pray for Mary...
Pray for Jameson...
Pray for wisdom...

Galatians 4:8-11 I think was written for moments like this...

8 Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9 But now that you know God or rather are known by God how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again 10 Youou are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11 I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.

Actually all of Chapter 4 is pretty awesome (Does that surprise me? I mean it is God Breathed).

Ciao'


"Stick to your guns if you believe in somethin no matter why cause it's better to be hated for who you are then be loved for who your not"
- Van Zandt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home